Death is a character in Amazon series Good Omens and is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. He is older than time itself. He rides a black motorcycle and carries a scythe. When the news of the apocalypse reaches him, he teams back up with Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse including Famine, Pollution and War to find Adam Young to serve under his rule while destroying the planet.
In the novel, his first appearance is where he is mopping up the messes of the other horsemen. War’s rampage in Kumbolaland, Famine starving his customers and Pollution’s oil tanker spilling over. He is everywhere.
When they reach the Tadfield Airspace, they find Aziraphale and Crowley trying to help Adam and the children. They also find Anathema Device and Newton Pulsifer with them. When Adam refuses to help them fulfill the prophecy of the apocalypse, a battle ensues. Using the Flaming Sword, the kids kill Famine, War and Pollution, but when it comes time to kill Death, he informs them that he can not be killed but that he knows when he’s beaten to which he leaves them.
- Death is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse and is said to be older than time itself. In the novel, he is said to be in everything and that nothing can escape his grasp.
- Death is said to have a logical and reasonable personality who is set in his ways. He is extremely intelligent and has natural leadership skill.
- "DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING. THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
- “I DO NOT UNDERSTAND, SURELY YOUR VERY EXISTENCE REQUIRES THE ENDING OF THE WORLD. IT IS WRITTEN.” (Death to Adam)
Notes and trivia
- Death is good at the trivia games in Motor Cafe.
- Death’s motorcycle is a based design of the human skeleton.